Journal Entry #6 - Caught in Lies



"It Is Not All For The Show, Say no.... To The Fabricated News!"

  • Yes, I believe that the news I hear/read/watch may be factually incorrect or fabricated because news reporters tend to inflate an occurring situation to make it more interesting.
  • I thought the news articles were surprising, but after reading them and taking the time to understand things, it does not shock me to find out that professional journalists have fabricated news.
  • I do agree with Shafer's assertion because liars do tend to make things up and convince themselves that what they are telling others is true news and that it is what they heard, but really it is what they have produced themselves.
  • I strongly believe that colleagues and universities should make sure graduating journalism students can handle the responsibilities and pressures because clearly, they will need to use those skills in the real world. I believe these are necessities to being an exceptional journalist.
  • I heavily agree that a newspaper ombudsman helps when issues of ethics arise because they allow people to give their opinion without giving theirs or getting offended. It allows easy access for many to express their thoughts and get the help they reached out for.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal Entry #1 - "First Newspapers"

Facing Fake News